Information Collection & Use
- GenWeb does not collect any personally identifiable information in any form without prior permission.
- GenWeb does collect some general information from your browser which is generated automatically whenever you visit a website. This information log contains your Internet Protocol address, browser type, browser language, date and time of your query and cookies unique to your browser. The information alone does not identify an individual and will not be combined with information that can trace back to a specific individual.
- These statistics are used to analyse and improve GenWeb services by pinpointing which content is most popular, which areas may need improvement or modification plus other miscellaneous technical details.
Unless otherwise authorised, GenWeb will not sell, rent or make available to companies or individuals in any way information that is personally identifiable in any form. Information will only be disclosed when:
- We have your prior consent to share information.
- We need to disclose your personal information in order to provide you with products and/or services.
- GenWeb may share information internally about account owners in order to ensure a faultless experience and to improve the quality of our services. Information related to accounts will not be disclosed to third parties.
A "cookie" is a small file that is sent to your computer when you visit a website. It is stored on your computer and contains information on how you navigate a website. It enables GenWeb to remember information such as the last page you visited and prevents you from entering the same information each time you visit a site.
- Personally identifiable information submitted to GenWeb is held with the strictest confidence and only used for the purpose stipulated at the time the information is collected.
- GenWeb has extensive security measures in place to protect against unauthorised access to your personal information.
- Employees of GenWeb have restricted access to any personally identifiable information for the use of operating, developing or improving the company's services.